Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I am having Major Computer problems  (Read 2821 times)

channing28105

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I am having Major Computer problems
    « on: June 27, 2013, 05:35:39 AM »
    I am having a major problem with my desktop computer Yesterday My desktop computer crashed I had the Blue screen of Death saying that the physical memory dumped and now when I turn on the computer it makes a Beeping noise and nothing comes on the screen  . I feel Upset because my desktop was my favorite computer and because I have no job I have no money to buy a new computer I have no money to take the computer to a computer repair shop . I would like a good Used working desktop Computer that works with all the installation Cds that came with it all I need is the tower   part I have the monitor.  Please message me if you can help because before my desktop crashed my desktop was my favorite computer and it would mean a lot to me to have a good used working desktop computer. I have tried frececycle and freecycle is no good because you have to drive to pick up the item you want and I do not drive at all.

Channing

ImnoGuru

Adviser
    • The wonders of modern technology.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: I am having Major Computer problems
      « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:40:12 AM »
      Hi channing28105. Welcome to Computer Hope.  :)

It would help anyone willing to give you some assistance if we knew something about the computer Operating System (O/S) and type of computer you are using & what level of familiarity you have with working on a computer.

IBM, HP, Presario, compaq, how much ram, what chip? celeron, AMD, Windows XP? Vista? Etc.

What happened just before the crash? Were you in the middle of downloading anything? & so on.

You say you have beeps on startup look here. (Click on this link) to see if there is anything that is familiar.

You inquiry so far is a bit vague as to where one might be able to start to offer assistance.
      ImnoGuru.
      It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

jefrey

Rookie
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
        just try to pop-up and cleaned your memory card.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
        just try to pop-up and cleaned your memory card.
        That does work sometimes! Just pop and seat the memory sticks and it cleans the little fingers

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
          • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 05:00:12 AM »
        It would help to know the make/model of computer and what sort of pattern of beeps does it make e.g. "One short, two long" as they can indicate what the problem is.