Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Youtube kills internet  (Read 4511 times)

s375

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Youtube kills internet
    « on: July 04, 2013, 09:58:14 AM »
    Hello,

When I watch a video or listen to music on youtube the whole video does not load, it goes on uninterrupted but it doesn't matter if I wait 1 hour, the whole video will not load even if its a small music video of 5 minutes.
    When I click on somewhere that is not loaded I lose my connection. For example if Im watching a movie and its just started and its at 2 minutes and if I want to to check out how the movie is and decide to click in the middle (40 minutes) I lose connection since youtube wont load the movie fully. I can watch youtube with no problem but I cant fast forward anything.
    ************************ http://prntscr.com/1dix1u ************************

If I fast forward on youtube, it kills my connection and it doesn't come back unless I restart the computer, I've tried logging off and back on with no success.

I got good internet, no problems with any other video players.

Dell
    Optiplex 380
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
    E5300 @ 2.60GHz

Ram 4.00 GB (3.21 GB can be used)

Windows 7 professional - 32-bytes

All in all its a worn out computer but as far as I know there are no viruses on it  :-\

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Youtube kills internet
    « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:35:29 AM »
    I've experienced that but it seems to vary or depend on the particular video.  I suspect numerous factors could be at play here, including some which have nothing to do with your computer or Internet connection. 

Let's do a little experiment.  I just viewed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyYy7dmAnM8 and had no problem jumping ahead a few minutes, two times, by hovering my mouse over the slider bar showing time and clicking on it.  I'm using the Opera browser on my Windows 8 laptop. 

Try that video and let us know what happened.

s375

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Youtube kills internet
      « Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 11:09:16 AM »
      BTW Im using google chrome :)

Odd but yes, I clicked back and forth 10+ times with no problems, but as usual it only loads 40seconds ahead, continually.
      That reminded me to check if a temporary video file was saved so I checked C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache and I found no copy of anything I've watched so far, just mentioning it since every little detail might lead to a solution :)

I'll try Opera and see if there is anything different with it.