Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Workgroup environment  (Read 3265 times)

KyleIT

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Workgroup environment
    « on: August 11, 2013, 02:00:30 AM »
    Hi there,

I connected two computers together. I would like to know how I can log in from computer B's account on computer A. How can I achieve this?

Also, my current network is a public network. Would it matter if I changed it into a home or work network? What's the difference?

I am also confused with domain, workgroup and computer names. I know that a domain name is used in client/server networks and workgroup in a P2P network. However, what is the computer name used for? I ask this because I found that to log in with another user, I have to first enter "V000002046\" before I input the user name. I have seen that on other computers, it is not necessary. Some just type in their username and pass, but why do I need to do this?

Lastly, is it possible to access computer B's public documents using computer A without needing to enter computer B's username and password before being able to access it?

Thanx for reading.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Workgroup environment
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 06:16:43 AM »
    Also, my current network is a public network. Would it matter if I changed it into a home or work network? What's the difference?
    Yes, it matters.
    Do the network setup again on both computers.