Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Regular helpers are not acknowledged but insulted.  (Read 10946 times)

PCdoc

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Regular helpers are not acknowledged but insulted.
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
Hi,

Dedicate your time on the chat and instead one day because of a mod's ego, u r insulted and banned for a silly reason. Actually NO GENUINE REASON. Now someone would say "who asked u to come, dont come?" Ofcourse say this to everyone, as if mods are trying hard to ruin the image of Computer Hope who spent years to earn his name on the internet. Behave with them in such a way that they wont ever return. There are many ppl who have left the channel because of this reason. No one bothers?!
The reason for a ban should not necessarily have any meaning, Nathan is unreachable.
What wrong did I do? I just joined in with guest nick and asked a genuine question. Lostcoast happened to be there at the answering end. I was there with my own nick, but still I joined with a guest nick which lead me to ban. Cause the  mod who is GOD, thinks I am a troll  and my problem is not genuine. Once he decides that m gonna ban this guy, who ever he is, m gonna ban him. Even if its proved that the ban is not required and the mod is wrong, no m not gonna change my mind...
Actually, other's in the channel who think the mod is wrong dont dare speak anything, cause they are afraid if they say the mod will kick them. But they know the mod is wrong.
No matter how much u try to follow rules, the mods create customized rules in there minds and eventually ban you for nothing. And when you are ask them why?? The answer is: "Its not up for a discussion".
I dont think the mods on the irc channel have any right to behave like this with any one especially someone who is old member. Yes, ofcourse if its proved the member is wrong and guilty, the mod should act to keep the channel clean, but NOT for the sake of there EGO.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Regular helpers are not acknowledged but insulted.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:40:27 AM »
What wrong did I do? I just joined in with guest nick and asked a genuine question.
OK here's a counter-question: if it was a genuine question, why did you use a guest nick?

Lostcoast happened to be there at the answering end. I was there with my own nick, but still I joined with a guest nick which lead me to ban.
Again: Why join with a guest nick and ask, rather than asking with your Normal account. Clearly the reason for that was not to get help. It is pretty easy to suspect an ulterior motive.

Cause the  mod who is GOD, thinks I am a troll  and my problem is not genuine.
Actually the legitimacy of the problem is suspect if the legitimacy of the asker is questioned. If it was a genuine question, why ask with a guest account?

Once he decides that m gonna ban this guy, who ever he is, m gonna ban him.
It's made a lot easier if that's the case when you give him very good reasons to do so- such as asking questions under a different nickname. It doesn't matter if the question was legitimate, because helpers can only see what you are doing. Again- if the question was legitimate, why use a separate nick?

Actually, other's in the channel who think the mod is wrong dont dare speak anything, cause they are afraid if they say the mod will kick them. But they know the mod is wrong.
That's heresay.... How can you know what other people are thinking anyway? What does it have to do with this?
No matter how much u try to follow rules, the mods create customized rules in there minds and eventually ban you for nothing. And when you are ask them why?? The answer is: "Its not up for a discussion".
While I don't doubt there are questionable circumstances to some of these. This is certainly not one of those times. Fact is you've probably been a right pain in the *censored* for who knows how long. To be quite honest you've been a pain in mine. Trying to have a conversation with a group of friends and you burst in going all "OMFG you won't believe what Lostcoast just did" not even realizing how little pretty much everyone really cares. At the same time, It's completely understandable to make the connection to the other channel because all the users in that channel that also frequent CH are "rabble-rousers". And it doesn't really matter how right or wrong those rabble rousers are- sometimes they will be right, sometimes they will be wrong. Fact remains that they are really just sitting around waiting to pounce when a mistake is made, and one can certainly see how that would be extremely annoying.
I dont think the mods on the irc channel have any right to behave like this with any one especially someone who is old member.

Yes, ofcourse if its proved the member is wrong and guilty, the mod should act to keep the channel clean, but NOT for the sake of there EGO.
Seems like they are trying to keep it free from rabble rousers.

See, here's the thing. You notice how I don't go in CH often? Fact is I disagree with many folks that frequent there and would end up simply arguing with them and nobody would get any sort of help in those cases, defeating the entire purpose. So I just don't go there, and let them do their own thing.

The PROBLEM is that there are people that seem to want to start some ridiculous Coup. They cite things like "defending ComputerHope's Honour" or other ridiculous platitudes, But they seem completely incapable of simply walking away.

Don't like the help being offered in #ComputerHope channel? You can raise your questions politely. If they still feel you are wrong (and hey maybe you are, so bring some good facts too), or they avoid it (by pretending they have to manage their 50,000 Inspirons or something) then you don't have to keep rousing rabble. Just leave. Go elsewhere. If you have expertise it will be welcome elsewhere. In fact you might even find other channels on Mibbit.

I should point out the completely unsubstantiated notation that our Channel has some "watcher" from #ComputerHope.

So What. They are free to do that. In fact I'd be fine if they were to idle with their normal nicknames. Seems only fair for them to have the ability to defend themselves from or see what is being said about them when it comes up. I like it because it means most people will stop using our channel as a yelling field to complain about how people in some other channel were mean.
Second: No. There is no reason to kick or ban 'suspected' watchers. It's unbelievable to watch the entire thing turn into a witchhunt because you weren't careful with what you said. Apparently you decided that because LC Knew which channels you were in, clearly he has, and I quote "spies". Again, WHO CARES. You keep posting pastebins and chatlogs from #Computerhope - If anybody is "spying" it's the people posting those logs! Seems only fair for there to be some versa to your vice. And this is to ignore the fact  that the logs of the channel are easily searchable through google anyway, so perhaps it's best not to say you "made fool out of him" or "i love sometimes coming by guest nick and play around by asking questions that can make these guy go crazy" and then wonder how people come to the conclusion that that is trolling. Which it is. And that isn't even necessary. a Simple Whois to see you are the same person and then asking oneself why PCDoc would be using a separate nick to ask a question and the only answer is to raise rabble. If it was a "genuine question"... again... why not use your normal nick? why the smoke and mirrors?

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »
While you are a good guy and know your stuff, I also agree that you were wrong in "playing" with Lostcoast.  There's nothing wrong in using a guest nick really, but from what you said in another channel (See below) it shows you did it deliberately to pick on lostcoast!

<PCdoc> is he nuts?
<PCdoc> the guest is asking about new drivers and lc is posting links on how to update them
<PCdoc> he is screwed rofl
<PCdoc> hahaha made fool out of him
<PCdoc> i love sometimes coming by guest nick and play around by asking questions that can make these guy go crazy

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:47:47 PM »
It's Users such as yourself that will ruin a channel's reputation...not the ones you have it in for in my opinion.

You should settle your petty squabbles with the OP himself instead of being an internet Drama Queen.

Everything BC stated is objective and factual...and you would be doing the whole community a huge favor by taking heed to it....or as stated there are a ton of other channels out there.

To be pompous enough to mention Nathan and/or his CH reputation as you did proves you in fact have an agenda...
Ofcourse say this to everyone, as if mods are trying hard to ruin the image of Computer Hope who spent years to earn his name on the internet.

Settle your issue with the OP and / or grow up and move on...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

PCdoc

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 07:35:12 AM »
Feel like undo-ing some days of my life. I didnt knew some one treated me like a friend. feel guilty. Patio request u to pls lock thread. :( 

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:33 PM »
Topic Closed upon request.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "