Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adding a Wireless Harddrive to my network.  (Read 3594 times)

A10 Tactical

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Adding a Wireless Harddrive to my network.
    « on: September 26, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »
    I just purchased the Patriot Aero 1 TB external hard drive today. I really thought this would be a simple installation but I was wrong.

I got pretty far through the steps though...They have an app available for you to download to your smart phone which I did that gives your the ability to access the Aero's settings as well as view the contents and create directories. I was able to do all this perfectly fine. However I for the life of me cant figure out how to view the contents of this drive wirelessly from my desktop. I go to my wireless connections near my clock and I see the Aero listed there and try to connect via my wireless adapter but no luck. I know for a fact the ability to communicate to this device from the PC is possible because I entered a static ip address which Patriot gives on there website http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/faq1p.jsp?source=faq&id=316 I was able to pull the exact same settings page up on my desktop as my smart phone pulled up.

Anyway my current hardware is:
    PC Desktop Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
    Linksys Wireless N E2000 Router
    Asus USB-AC53 802.11ac Wireless N Adapter

Just before I went to click send on this post I noticed something strange in my Device Manager...In Other devices I have Internet Access Server with a yellow exclamation mark.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

ndipi2352

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Adding a Wireless Harddrive to my network.
      « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:44:07 PM »
      Seems like you were almost there

First you need to connect to the Device via the SSID.

Then you will go to http://10.10.10.254/

login with admin/admin

Go into the setup tab and you'll see "Hostname" and by default is "Patriot"

If you go to \\Patriot you will see the share at this point like you were expecting.

You can also then map a network drive to \\Patriot if you wanted to.