Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer 'Lag' issue  (Read 3432 times)

JoshOB123

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Computer 'Lag' issue
    « on: October 06, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »
    Hi, I recently bought my Computer (this summer), with pretty good specs so I know it's more than capable than running what I am trying to run but simply doesn't.

I'm trying to run:

League of Legends client (Online game)

TeamSpeak 3

Google Chrome, 2 or 3 tabs of say Facebook/YouTube for example.

when I have these open, my FPS will drop from say 400 to 190, or if I have it capped at 60, it will drop to say 40. Also the whole computer begins to 'lag' as sound begins to buffer/stutter from music or on TeamSpeak, my ping ingame will sometimes increase, and everything will just be massively slow, even when moving my mouse across the screen it will seem like my whole Computer is running on 5FPS. Something must be wrong but I have no idea what, I run Malwarebytes/CCleaner every week or so and there's rarely ever problems but when there is they are minor and fixed immediately and it does also appear my fan is working, but it seems to be gradually getting worse and I don't know how to fix it.

These are my specs:

It's really frustrating only being able to run one of these processes when my CPU usage with all of them open barely even scratches the 10% mark.

Please help!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer 'Lag' issue
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »
    You need to scour the MSI website (it'll be painful ) to see how to utilise the i7 fully on that board...
    Best of Luck.
    Shouldn't have scrimped on the MBoard.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer 'Lag' issue
    « Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »
    I would perhaps try a BIOS update as there are several fixes listed in the revisions since your current BIOS version.
    Also, try running GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner to monitor your GPU usage and temperatures.  I suspect it's maxing your GPU, in which case disabling hardware acceleration in Flash and Chrome may help.