Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lostcoast is Unacceptable  (Read 10578 times)

Betheking

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Lostcoast is Unacceptable
    « on: September 20, 2013, 09:14:50 PM »
    Hello, I was discussing ram and QVL with lostcoast and he was saying a whole bunch of stuff without backing ANY of it up. I told him that he needs to back it up and that he doesn't know anything after he didn't back his words up. Then he banned me. Now where in the rules does it say that i did wrong. I have asked for help before and I got the same type of response from lostcoast. This is unacceptable.

Salmon Trout

Re: Lostcoast is Unacceptable
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:16:19 AM »
    Most chat rooms have the same level of "fairness" as a bunch of over-excited 13 year olds shouting in a school-yard. A sensible mod will leap on any arguments as soon as (or before) they start. By your own admission you tried to start an argument with Lostcoast. You lost. End of story. Move along.

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »

I said using a QVL is best for choosing ram, not many suppliers RMA Ram once opened if you had an issue. I have seen these types of issue many times.

I don't need to back up what I said , that's why there are QVL lists for the consumers benefit.

I also said you can take your chances and buy any ram.

Because you choose to argue and accuse that I don't know anything in a rude manner and went on and on you were banned.

This was for your benefit and I took the time and effort to help you...Oh the thanks I get eh.
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 08:42:41 AM »
    I like how the OP went from asking what QVL was to suddenly becoming an Expert on it, and basically saying that Manufacturers only test Memory because they get bored or something.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

bacon buttie

Rookie
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »
    Betheking, what you fail to grasp is that a QVL list is not a list of the only ram that is compatible with a motherboard but a list of the tested ram which is guaranteed to work with the motherboard.

As LostCoast pointed out, you are free to use what RAM you wish at your own risk which he pointed out to you a few times during the chat.

It is your choice to use what RAM you wish, but to try to make the MOD look foolish by throwing accusations around of they don't know what they are talking about when it comes to QVL lists is strange as you did not even know what a QVL list was when you came to the chat room.

Lostcoast had no need to "backup" or "prove" what he was saying as the QVL List would have done that if you had bothered to look rather than choosing to start an argument about a topic you obviously did not know about.
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

I would list all my equipment, but I fear I will be burgled.

It said "To begin, please boot your computer". I now have a broken toe !!!!!.