Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "local Area Connection 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration" <-- I have not y  (Read 7467 times)

FaleshaAmanda

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hello, as I have searched I have not yet found a clear and concise answer to this problem, and I was wondering if someone could please help me with this situation;

on my network I have a pc connected through ethernet that keeps giving me this error message while trying to connect to the internet -
    "local Area Connection 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration"
    This is the list of things I have already tried;
    -reset modem/network
    -Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults
    -Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults
    -Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults

Windows 7
    all other pcs on networked wired or wireless work fine
    this is a new pc to the network however the internet did work fine the first few days
    when I scan for devices in my modem, for this pc, it says the status is off

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, I am on day three or four of this ... I don't remember any more :/
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 02:44:51 PM by FaleshaAmanda »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    this is a new pc

If this is a new computer you may have a bad network adapter etc. Can you bring it back and get a new one?
    These problems dont normally happen just out of the blue, and if its new it may have a hardware failure with the network adapter. * Also if you havent done this already, I'd try a new CAT5 cable to eliminate a cable issue, however it sounds like a hardware failure on the computer if its new and was working and then stopped working and its offline according to other devices and you have gone into network properties to make sure its enabled and set to dynamic etc.

FaleshaAmanda

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      I have tried a new cable, the pc is not new from the store, but new for me. 

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Try

IPCONFIG /release

then

IPCONFIG /renew

and see if it will get an IP address from DHCP ... the 169.x.x.x is the problem. Its not getting an IP lease.