Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help I'm being stalked/harassed online!  (Read 12707 times)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Please help I'm being stalked/harassed online!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 05:14:42 PM »
The OP said:
I have no where else to look or turn, I'm desperate I feel my privacy has completely been invaded. My question is how is this person continuously hacking me?

In my first response I took here fears seriously. Not for any technical reasons. Now some questions for all here..Have you ever been stalked? Have you ever had somebody try to harm or kill you? Have you ever been threatened? Have you ever had anybody try tot scree the wits out of you? Also, have any of you been in a prison jail with inmates for any time? As a worker or an inmate?  What did you learn?

Her question was "How does he do this?". The answer is he disregards the common rules of decency, respect and law that most people observe. That is how criminal minds work. And that was even before the Internet.

The is no internet security system that prevents a stalker for watching your home,  reading the newspaper or consulting public records. The individual may be a family member, a former workmate, or a unhappy customer. If he is, in fact, in your city, he has a big advantage over  Internet hackers. That is way I said you must contact local authorities.  If there is a bad apple out  there, police  may already know him and are waiting for somebody to file a complaint.

Here is how he might do it: Get information from the school you attended, using some kind of bogus story about being a lost relative. Finding your Social Security number by contacting a former employer and telling lies.  Taking to your family or  friends and garnish r personal data , such as your mother's maiden name, where and when you  were born, your phone number, your favorite color and the name of your pet cat or dog. And the make of car you drive.

Also, he can intercept phone calls without the internet. It is called wire-tapping and is not really very hard for a psychopath. All of this is very possible and is done ever day by hundreds of criminals obsessed with bring harm or pain to another person. If this person can make you believe the threat is only in cyberspace, he has the advantage.

Dear OP. Please contact somebody in authority in your area.
Maybe somebody is out to get  you. Maybe not.
Maybe you have serious mental problem. Maybe not.
Either way, you have to talk to a real person in your community.

For years I have both received and given counsel and advice.  The best thing is to talk to a real person face-to face. Please do it now, if you are reading this.  :)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »
Have you ever been stalked?
Yes. Apparently at my Old job a customer felt he had been given old Coffee, and in his infinite wisdom tried to run me over twice- and Neither was anywhere near my workplace.

Have you ever had somebody try to harm or kill you? Have you ever been threatened? Have you ever had anybody try tot scree the wits out of you?
Yes to all. Two drunk kids I was trying to throw out of the store of that old job, one had a knife. It was scary but I was also well aware of the fact that being they could barely stand, I was able to disarm them, which I doubt I would have been able to do if they were not intoxicated. (Then again I doubt they would have been doing that if they weren't, either).

Her question was "How does he do this?". The answer is he disregards the common rules of decency, respect and law that most people observe. That is how criminal minds work. And that was even before the Internet.
"He" doesn't exist. This post has been Copy-pasted to other forums.

Also, have any of you been in a prison jail with inmates for any time? As a worker or an inmate?  What did you learn?
No, but I do know people who have done jail time and am friends with them. It's good to see that Fox News is still the fear-mongering 'news' station it's always been, able to spread this idea that the world is a dangerous place and the only thing keeping it from falling into total anarchy are a bunch of overpaid, underworked old men who live in an Ivory tower and don't actually know anything about the real world which they control. I also like how you were so able to jump the assumptions about this alleged stalker, while knowing absolutely nothing about him. All you have are some whimsical allegations that don't even make any sense and have far more probable explanations, and you're on a short rant about how they defy social altruism and are evil, and even appear to make the implication that everybody in a prison of any sort is some sort of evil monster who will rip your throat out for a shiv for an extra bowl of gruel.

I made observations and came to some conclusion about the OP and what was said based entirely on what was said. You've managed to make observations about the alleged perpetrator based on those words as well.

The difference is that the latter is hearsay at this point, and given the unbelievably dense story we were told, It's unlikely that it's even real. The fact that they want to know How in the first place tells me they don't actually have the problem and are trying to reverse engineer that information.

If for example somebody asked "How can I hack somebody" we would refuse to answer it and the question would be locked.

But what about somebody giving vague details and asking "how am I getting hacked"? Then as we see here we are all too happy to provide almost the exact details we would provide to that first questioner. As far as I'm concerned, The OP is either a troll, or is more likely completely misreading how their Computer works and interpreting behaviour as "hacker" behaviour. I've lost count of the number of people who have come to me with similar stories of "being stalked". not a single one was actually the case. Some were browsers being ill configured. Others were problems with the wireless adapter, a broken mouse of keyboard, or innumerable other things.

The problem is the leap. Instead of whole-heartedly trying to eliminate the probable, they jump to the improbable. and dismiss any counter-indications. It's one thing for a person experienced with a computer to come to that determination, because they actually understand how the systems work and what  they are capable of. It's quite another for somebody who shows and admits very little computer experience to make these claims; it's the equivalent of a person acting like a ballistics expert because they saw a few episodes of CSI and this one time they saw a gun.

In one case when I said there was nothing wrong with their computer that I could find, they insisted that I must be the stalker.

They jump to a preconceived idea and try to use confirmation bias to support it. Eventually, if you go to all the PC repair shops in town, one of them might actually agree with you, either through incompetency or simply to get the client on-board. And that is what they will do; it doesn't matter if 99 shops say that there is nothing wrong with their computer that they can find, or that it was a virus or malware or something else, that person will still be convinced it was a hacker- and if they find that 1 in a 100 shop that agrees, it's the 99 that were completely off-base. Classic car analogy. Somebody hinks they have a bad starter. 99 shops say they're selenoid in their Alternator is probably their issue. They keep asking more. They find one shop that agrees that it is probably the starter.

How likely is it to actually be the starter? Highly unlikely. The same chance that all 99 other shops were entirely incompetent. If somebody does that, they aren't looking for truthful answers. They are looking for answers that agree with this pre-built idea about reality that they already fabricated. And if the wrecking ball of truth tries to break it down they just go elsewhere to find people willing to pile more lies on their structure. Same story here. the fact that they start with an assertion they are being hacked, despite quite obviously not having any of the required expertise to make that determination tells me that.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
"He" doesn't exist. This post has been Copy-pasted to other forums.
Thanks BC. You bare pot on. It was a troll. I had no idea.   She, or he, put that very same thing on a MS forum. Exact word-for-word! Did not even try to change the words around a bit.

My flaw is I are willing to trust people with little or no proof.  Maybe that is why I am so close to poverty.

Let's close this thread soon. The OP ,has gone.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 05:49:25 AM »
I'm considering this a dead thread. Thanks everyone.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 06:42:33 AM »
I considered it that on the 1st Post.... ;D
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "