Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Trojan.Vundo.B warning won't go away

(1/6) > >>

MarleneD:
Hey everyone.  I've got a virus warning that just won't go away!  Norton alerts me to the virus over and over even though the removal tool I used says it didn't find it on my computer.  What gives  ???
Here's how it appears on the warning window:
Virus Name     Trojan.Vundo.B
Action Taken   Unable to Repair this fle
Action Taken    Access to the file denied

How can I get rid of the warning window?
Thanks for your help.

Fed:
Did you run the removal tool in safe mode?
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.vundo.b.removal.tool.html

dl65:
MarleneD.......Did you shutdown your system restore and then run the removal tool in the safe mode ?

dl65  ::)

MarleneD:
I actually tried to run it in safe mode but, when I was in safe mode I just had a black screen and didn't know how to get to the repair tool which I had orignially downloaded onto my desktop.  Then, I didn't know how to get out of safemode.  I ended up finding the system restore window and ran that going back a few days which brought me back to the regular window.
So, I guess what I need to know is how to get back out of safe mode ???
Do you all think I still have this virus on my computer?
By the way, I did shut off system restore to run the tool but I was not in safe mode.

dl65:
MarleneD....If you had saved the removal tool to your desktop...it should have been there when you were in safe mode....you were able to see your desktop in safe mode weren't you ? To get out of safe mode.......simply reboot and you should go back to normal mode ....

dl65  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version