Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XPS PRINTING  (Read 8510 times)

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
    • Experience: Beginner
    XPS PRINTING
    « on: November 04, 2013, 05:27:23 AM »
    Hi ya fellas'    Do any of yer know about getting 'XPS' printing to work please?       I have suddenly found that I can't print in this format to my computer anymore???? ???

I have an XPS viewer installed, so all my previous XPS docs I can see.  Now however the XPS process is trying to print in 'PRN' format???

Can anyone help me please?  :'(

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
      Re: XPS PRINTING
      « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:20:49 AM »
      Oh, I am running Win 7 lads......... Nobody can help????????   WOW!    :( :(

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 05:39:13 AM »
      Tell what you have done already.
      Remove and re install the software?
      Use system restore to go back a few days?
      Did you recently make any changes to the system?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:08:34 PM »
      Check that you have not got "print to file" checked in the print dialog.

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
        « Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »
        Tell what you have done already.
        Remove and re install the software?
        Use system restore to go back a few days?
        Did you recently make any changes to the system?

I have tried system restore to no avail my freind.... Remove and re install I am interested in, but I am ignorant as to how to do this buddy???  :-[ :-[

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
          « Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:17:42 AM »
          Check that you have not got "print to file" checked in the print dialog.

I need my print to file ticked here bud, as that is what I want to do.     I do not want just to print the documents out.    ;D ;D ;D

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 04:52:29 AM »
          OK, "bud"... I'll put it as simply as I can...

When you choose to print to the XPS Document Writer:

1. If you have "print to file" checked, it prints to a PRN file.

2. If you have "print to file" UNchecked, it prints to an XPS file.

3. Please don't call me "bud". ;D ;D ;D

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
            « Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »
            OK, "bud"... I'll put it as simply as I can...

When you choose to print to the XPS Document Writer:

1. If you have "print to file" checked, it prints to a PRN file.

2. If you have "print to file" UNchecked, it prints to an XPS file.

3. Please don't call me "bud". ;D ;D ;D

What is it with you guys up here?  Every time I come here, (or near enough) I get slapped down by somebody, because my grammar doesn't suit you!   You don't like calling bud ... another of you analyzes every comma I put up!   WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!     >:(

I do my best to be respectful and polite to you guys!    I don't bring any attitude up here, but boy, are you guys loaded with it!   

Be grateful that I talk to you at all given the attitude you display!   :(    :(   

Salmon Trout

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »
            OK Mr GLOOPS, maybe you aren't English and you don't know about British sarcasm, in which case I ask you to forgive me, but here is the explanation for my post above:

I took the trouble to check XPS Document Writer with the box checked and unchecked. I found that with it checked, I got a PRN file.

I said to you, "Is print to file checked?". You came back like this

I need my print to file ticked here bud, as that is what I want to do.     I do not want just to print the documents out. ;D ;D ;D

Now, a British person reading that could interpret the "bud" as being emphasis and meaning "you idiot, I want to print to a file". (I don't do emoticons so I don't know what ";D" means), calling someone bud or pal or chum or mate, when you don't know them well, can be a sign you think they are stupid or you are angry with them.

If you did not mean that, then you can call me "bud" and I won't mind.

Now, did you try what I suggested? And did it work?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 12:50:35 PM »

What is it with you guys up here?

It's not you, it's us. Honest.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 04:28:05 PM »
            Hey, Mr "GLOOPS", remember this?

Got an answer yet?

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
              « Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 08:03:18 AM »
              OK Mr GLOOPS, maybe you aren't English and you don't know about British sarcasm, in which case I ask you to forgive me, but here is the explanation for my post above:

I took the trouble to check XPS Document Writer with the box checked and unchecked. I found that with it checked, I got a PRN file.

I said to you, "Is print to file checked?". You came back like this

Now, a British person reading that could interpret the "bud" as being emphasis and meaning "you idiot, I want to print to a file". (I don't do emoticons so I don't know what ";D" means), calling someone bud or pal or chum or mate, when you don't know them well, can be a sign you think they are stupid or you are angry with them.

If you did not mean that, then you can call me "bud" and I won't mind.

Ok Salmon Trout I see how you have misread me here.   I as not trying to be funny here my friend, but I can see how you might think that.    My apologizes for this mate, I was not implying anything here above the form of address.   Nor will I ever do so!   I am going to write a separate post that I hope will settle this and all future disputes  in so far as this problem is concerned, I believe I have sorted it out.   

I have just done a re-format and a fresh Windows 7 installation.   I cannot explain why, but the XPS document print procedure I have now in place, is slightly different to what it was before I re-installed my system.    I cannot explain why this should be so, but it is.   Thanks to your intervention, I have now discovered the correct procedure to achieve the result I was looking for.   

Thanks to you fellas'  again.

Sorry for all the trouble 

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 08:09:55 AM »
              As i could see both sides of this Topic playing out it's refreshing to see that a small mis-understanding can be worked out...Good on both of you.

patio.
              " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 08:19:58 AM »
              I am glad to be friends with GLOOPS again! I am happy your problem is solved, bud! (not being sarcastic!)

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
                « Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 08:26:14 AM »
                I would just like to 'clear the air' some up here if I may.    I seem to have got off on the wrong foot here, although I don't know how or why.   :-[

Let me first of all point out that I consider this site to be an exemplary one.    I for one, value my communications up here very highly.  I believe that I have gone to great lengths is previous posts to convey this to yous guys!   ;D   

I speak, up here and indeed at all the forums that I attend, pretty much as I would if we were talking on the street.  I am an Englishman born and bred.  A Yorkshire-man, I am proud to say, so this may be one of the reasons that my 'English' might not exactly be the 'Queens'!  (Although I have my GSE in English Language, you may be surprised to know!) LOL!    I have a lot of American 'buddies', as they say, so I think that I have fallen into an American stile of communication, for the most part.   I make no apologies for this, as this is the way that most communication is heading anyway.   8)   8)

So guys'  You need never read anything into my posts other than what I say.  If I call you 'bud' or 'buddy' ..I mean just that.  Nothing else!  'Kiddo' is another term that I sometimes use.  NO OFFENCE IS EVER INTENDED TO ANYONE!   Please understand this and let us all get along with each other as we should be doing.

If anyone has a 'bone to pick' with me, bring it on and lets get it sorted out.

Regards and respects to each and every one of you ......GLOOPS. LOL  ;D   ;D