Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XPS PRINTING  (Read 8549 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: XPS PRINTING
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 08:28:54 AM »
Don't call me "kiddo"..... ;D    ;D
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 08:31:44 AM »
My girlfriend is a Northerner too, from t'other side o' t'Pennines, (Wigan), so I am used to blunt and straightforward speaking! Gloops, you can relax mate, it's all over and done with, and everybody is happy. Have a nice weekend, me old mucker.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 08:35:43 AM »
Many here on this side of the pond use 'guy' freely to address a person in a familiar way. The history of the word  is of interest.
GUY
USAGE: English, French
PRONOUNCED: GIE (English), GEE (French)   [key]
Meaning & History
Norman French form of WIDO. The Normans introduced it to England, where it was common until the time of Guy Fawkes (1570-1606), a revolutionary who attempted to blow up the British parliament. The name was revived in the 19th century, due in part to characters in the novels 'Guy Mannering' (1815) by Sir Walter Scott and 'The Heir of Redclyffe' (1854) by C. M. Yonge.
http://www.behindthename.com/name/guy

Salmon Trout

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 08:42:17 AM »
Guido Fawkes... Guy was a familiar form of Guido (like Jack for John, Jim for James, Bill for William. Tony for Anthony, etc) but often these days Guy is given as a name in its own right. What about Buddy? In Scotland a Buddy is any person from Paisley...

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »
    My girlfriend is a Northerner too, from t'other side o' t'Pennines, (Wigan), so I am used to blunt and straightforward speaking! Gloops, you can relax mate, it's all over and done with, and everybody is happy. Have a nice weekend, me old mucker.

Well this nearly makes us some kind of kin matey..eh?   LOL!   ::)  ::)