Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: when selecting a new browser from Exployer 9 to another ?  (Read 4308 times)

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
when selecting a new browser from Exployer 9 to another ?
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:55:56 PM »
[When changing to new differnet browser Exployer 9 to Firfox or Chrome do you 1st download which new browser you want then uninstall or other method of the old browser after ?  What happens to all my GBs of music files in windows Vista & other important supported files & more data. ?  ComputerHope recomends Multi-Commander as a very good browser,but I do not see any kind of quality comparison to the top 10 rated browsers of today ; Chrome,Firefox & others  ??? ::)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: when selecting a new browser from Exployer 9 to other ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 12:01:47 AM »
Internet Explorer will remain you will not uninstall that. Basically you just download a browser of choice and install it and start using the other browser as your main browser. I like Firefox and have used it for years. During the installation process/initialization process it will ask if you want to import content such as favorites from Internet Explorer, you can chose to import your favorites or not to and have it clean.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
Re: when selecting a new browser from Exployer 9 to another ?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »
Music, Pictures, Updates and Downloads are separate from the browser.
As DaveLembke said, you can have more than one browser installed. I normally have three. Each browser takes little disk space.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:28:27 AM »
Another point to be aware of: with multiple web browsers installed, one of them needs be designated as the "default" browser.  When you download and install another browser, you will normally be prompted during installation of the browser to chose whether you want to make that browser the default browser.  If you are unclear about the significance of setting a program as default, reply and I or someone will explain.

ComputerHope recomends Multi-Commander as a very good browser,but I do not see any kind of quality comparison to the top 10 rated browsers of today ; Chrome,Firefox & others  ??? ::)
Multi-Commander is not a web browser; it's a file browser, an alternative to Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »
Just curious i'm wondering where you saw CH recommending Multi-Commander ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »
Just curious i'm wondering where you saw CH recommending Multi-Commander ? ?

I searched computerhope website and found this http://www.computerhope.com/tips/tip215.htm Though it's a tip, Computerhope does not talk about any 'recommendation'.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 02:02:50 AM »
recomends Multi-Commander as a very good browser

No it doesn't. It says on that page linked to:

Multi Commander is a fantastic and free file manager

Multi Commander is a Windows Explorer replacement, a file manager, not a Web browser.