Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: about sound  (Read 2972 times)

gogi lolo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    about sound
    « on: December 07, 2013, 03:09:44 AM »
    i wann ask about my calling sound when i use skype the voice comes but the other party didnot hear me at all i bought a new procceser n its seeking dis problem i m using widows 7 n my microphone is alright not problem with the microphone help me wat problem in it y ppl cant hear me ????

Salmon Trout

Re: about sound
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 03:17:42 AM »
    i m using widows 7

How gentlemanly of you you to bring pleasure to all those lonely ladies! Seriously, could you try writing a bit more clearly?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:31:15 AM by Salmon Trout »

gogi lolo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:35:57 AM »
      i wann ask about my skype calling when i make a call i hear the other party clearly,but the other party cudnt hear me at all ??? y is it happends

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 03:43:40 AM »
      Make sure the microphone is plugged in and switched on. In Skype, click on the Echo / Sound Test Service. This records something you say and plays it back to you. If you don't hear anything then go to Tools > Options > Audio settings.  Check that Skype is using the correct microphone device (some PCs have more than one sound device – the one selected may not be the one the microphone is plugged into).

A Skype idiosyncrasy is that it can 'forget' the microphone device. This is easily fixed by going into Tools > Options > Audio settings and clicking on the microphone device.

gogi lolo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 03:47:41 AM »
        its onn automatic seetings wch can chnge with the micro phone not working still ??

gogi lolo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 03:54:07 AM »
          i have old pc n its windows xp thn i chnge my pc into new high speed a new proccesr n windows 7 now in new pc but in my old 1 the skype works well but i bought a new one from 1st day skype not geeting work just in a voice tht other party cudnt hear me so is this poosible tht may be some problem in my new proccesr ???

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 04:27:44 AM »
          There are four main things that you need to check: your hardware, Windows settings, Skype settings and your connection.

Each of these steps below contains some things for you to check. Work through each area one by one to make sure that you check everything you need to. Remember, if everything looks OK here, your friend may have an issue with their speakers or headset. Let's get started:

1. Hardware

OK, let's check your hardware:

Check that your microphone is plugged in
              Check that you haven't accidentally clicked the microphone mute button on your device or headset
              If you're in a loud environment, it might be hard for your friend to hear you. Consider moving to a quieter space.

Now that we've checked the above, it's time to make a test call:

In your Contact list, select Skype Test Call. It may also be called Echo / Sound Test Service or Skype Test Call (echo123).

If you can't find Skype Test Call, search for it by typing "echo" in the search box.
              In the calling pane, click Call.

Follow the instructions you hear.

If you can hear your recorded message, it means that your microphone is working and the problem probably lies with your friend. Suggest that they take a look at this handy guide:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA897/my-friend-can-t-hear-me-windows-desktop

If you can't hear your recorded message, it's time to take a look at your Windows settings.

2. Windows settings

OK, let's check your Windows settings:

Use our Fix it tool to make sure that your settings are correct
              Make sure that your version of Windows is up-to-date

Take a look at our dedicated sound guides

for Windows 7/8:
          https://support.skype.com/faq/fa10330

Windows XP:
          https://support.skype.com/faq/fa11067

and make sure everything is where it should be.

Still no luck? Time to take a look at your Skype settings.

3. Skype settings

So your hardware and Windows settings look good. Let's take a look at Skype.

Firstly, make sure you and your friend are using the latest version of Skype.

Now, let's take a look at your microphone settings in Skype:

In the menu bar, click Tools > Options > Audio Settings.
              Find the volume indicator and speak into the microphone. If it lights up and moves when you speak, your microphone is working correctly.

Audio settings options for microphone and volume.
              If the volume indicator does not light up when you speak, make sure that the device you want to use as your microphone is selected in the drop-down list. If it’s not, click the down arrow and select your device.

Microphone selection options displayed in the drop-down menu.

You can also adjust your audio settings during a call. Simply click the call quality icon in the call bar (you may have to move your mouse to make the call bar appear):

Remember to make sure you're off mute as well.

If you still have a problem, it might be time to look at your internet connection.

4. Connection

If you've checked all of the above and you're still having problems, you might have a connection problem.

Check out our handy guide on solving connection problems:

https://support.skype.com/FAQ/fa12303

Remember, if everything looks OK here, your friend may have an issue with their speakers or headset.

Suggest that they take a look at this handy guide:

https://support.skype.com/faq/fa348

gogi lolo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
            sir its awll i chk 100 times everything is fixed rightly n its just not happining with skype its happning with any other voice cal messenger other party cudnt hear me at awl n i also chek my pc sound recorder n record my voice but i cudnt hear it back so i thnk the problem in my pc but i dont finding it whre in hardware ,or softwre,...plz help me

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
            Learn how to type...and follow the instructions posted by Salmon above.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "