Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: bluetooth speaker problems  (Read 2872 times)

gord99

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    bluetooth speaker problems
    « on: December 07, 2013, 08:00:58 AM »
    Is there any wireless speaker I can get for under $100 that will work reasonably.  I bought a Jamparty $100 the other which I will return because it keeps loosing the radio coming from my phone app.  For it to work you have to have the radio in direct line of sight and I do mean direct.  I'm not sure of the distance requirement-probably 30' like the rest.  With this one all you have to do to drop the radio station is put your body between the phone and the speaker...or just go around a corner in the house.  The same thing happens if I play a recorded song from my library.  As soon as you turn off the Jamparty speaker the phone reconnects the radio.  If you read the reviews for this thing most give at least 4 stars-which I suspect are padded from the manufacturer.  A few reviews talk about poor connectivity.  In addition to the Jamparty I bought another Phillips wireless speaker which I will also return even thought I've not taken it out of the box.  It was $100.  The reviews are the same as for Jamparty.  A friend has a Bose wireless speaker which was $300 and he can walk around the house without loosing the signal.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: bluetooth speaker problems
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »
      ...A friend has a Bose wireless speaker which was $300 and he can walk around the house without loosing the signal.
    You may have answered your own question.
    Bluetooth is often considered for very short direct  communication. But the official specification does  not say that. The frequencies used and the power level make it a challenge to provide reliable communication in a  are where objects things are moving around.

BTW: This item just came into my radar.
    Wireless Audio Device Market 13.75 Billion by 2018
    Here is a window of importunity to get into a new market. You could start blog about your own experiences and observations and invite others to add comments.

EDIT: That link also wants you  to to buy a subscription. You don;t have to subscript to just read the summary. .
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:48:47 PM by Geek-9pm »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: bluetooth speaker problems
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 05:49:09 PM »
    Bose...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "