Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MMC cannot open the file C:\windows\system32\dsa.msc  (Read 17252 times)

Mesafint

Topic Starter

Rookie
    MMC cannot open the file C:\windows\system32\dsa.msc
    « on: December 31, 2013, 12:55:27 AM »
    Please help me  I have problem on windows 2003 server service pack 1 version 1812 enterprise edition , previously  infected virus then  after cleaning virus,  it will not start the Operating system then  I repaired the operating system. After repaired the operating system  it works properly, but when  I click on manage user and computers in active directory  cannot open the active directory  . Here it is the massage displayed  “MMC cannot open the file C:\windows\system32\dsa.msc”  so how to solve this problem . tank you in advance

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: MMC cannot open the file C:\windows\system32\dsa.msc
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:25:53 PM »
    While this has not been responded to in some time, in case you are still awaiting a solution:

I would perform a clean install of Server 2003. Generally repair installations will fix for corruption by malware etc, but whenever a system has been hit by a virus or malware I dont chance it with a repair install as for there is the potential for the repair installation process to skip over replacement of files that have been altered and so formatting the hard drive and then a clean install is best.

*As always back up important data first before any format and rebuild process, however if a system was hit by malware or a virus, I'd perform an extensive virus scan of that data before introducing it back to the clean build.