Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Loud Beep Noise  (Read 3251 times)

Joker4302

Loud Beep Noise
« on: October 25, 2005, 07:39:20 PM »
Hello all hoping you can help me first post here btw. I got some RAM for my computer. My computer is relativly new and is takes 2100 (speed of the RAM?) they guy at the store were i bought the RAM said i would be ok with 2700 cause he was out of 2100, i bought 512MB and the motherboard can handle 3gigs so i know i am in the clear there. I unplugged it all grounded myself real quick and installed the new chip, with the old one too. Now when i turn the computer on it just beeps real loud about every 10 seconds and what start up windows or anything, the monitor just says no signal. I checked everything like 6 times now. Plz help me i am pulling out me hair here.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Loud Beep Noise
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 07:53:07 PM »
    Joker4302......Have you been able to remove the "new" ram and boot up with the original ram ?
    The pc2700 is probably backwards compatible ......however do the other specs match up with the original ram?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Joker4302

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 08:22:14 PM »
    no even with the old RAM i still get the beeping now

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 01:26:15 PM »
      Joker4302.... Well , the first thing that comes to mind is take your pc and the ram back to the shop you bought the ram at and have then fix it ....or tell us exactly what kind of a pc you have and we may be able to offer more advice. Hopefully you didnt damage anything inside when you installed the new ram...... and used all the appropriate precautions when handling the ram sticks.

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.