Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VPN Trouble  (Read 8118 times)

Rayquaza

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    VPN Trouble
    « on: March 30, 2014, 03:24:41 PM »
    Hello

I'm trying to create a VPN, but I'm having a lot of trouble.
    I'll tell you what I've done so far.

First, I went to Network Connections, File, Incoming New Connection, Selected my account, "Through Internet", and Allow Access.

Then I went to my reuter's (Thomson TG784n) webpage, Games and Application Sharing, Assign and assigned the PTPP server to my PC (I used the IPv4 IP), ticked the log box and clicked Add.

Then I went back to my computer, to Network and Sharing Center and Configure New Connection or Network (or something like that, my PC is not in English). Then I selected Connect to local workplace, then Through Internet or VPN or something like that (it's the 1st option), then I put my PC's IPv4, the same one I assigned the PPTP server to.
    Then I went to the connections and connected to the VPN using my account Username and Password.

Then the problems started.
    First, after connecting, the Ethernet connection would become "Limited" and the connection would fail. After some investigation, I went to the VPN's properties, IPv4, Advanced and unchecked "Use preset gateway on remote connection'' and did the same for IPv6. Then I could connect to the VPN. I'm not sure if it worked or not, but my Internet became slower.

I'm not sure if it worked because when I tried to connect my android phone to the VPN, it didn't. On my phone, I went to "Add new VPN", then I put a random name, in type I selected PPTP and in server address I put my PC's IPv4. In Username and Password I put the same I put when trying to connect to the VPN on my PC.

Then, I went on some more research and I read somewhere that L2TP works better for Andoid phones, so I went and changed the VPN type to L2TP on my PC. Error 789 happened.
    I turned off my anti-virus (Kaspersky Pure), my Firewall and my reuter's Firewall off, but it still happened.

Then I went back to the reuter's webpage and created a new game or application, selected PTPP and manualy entered the ports (I used port 1701). Then I assigned it to the computer (after unassigning the first VPN) and went through the whole thing all over again. Still error 789. Turned off anti-virus and etc... still error 789. Set Google Chrome as trusted application, still error 789.

To sum up, I'm trying to create a VPN that works both on my PC and Android Phone.
    Can anyone help me?