Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox & Greyed out option that I'd like to use  (Read 3425 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Firefox & Greyed out option that I'd like to use
« on: April 25, 2014, 05:01:06 PM »
So I am logged onto a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit computer as Administrator and a check box is greyed out in Firefox, and I cant tell Firefox to always open File Maker Pro 5.5 files (.FP5) with FileMaker Pro 5.5

Anyone know how to fix this?

Below is part of a screenshot as to what I am seeing for a problem.

Basically an explanation of what I am doing, is that I made a simple HTML page that acts as a navigation interface which has hyperlinks to .lnk shortcuts that allow for a launch condition for FileMaker Pro 5.5 database files on the NAS which is at Z:, and while this works well, I would like to select this checkbox so that file type association is set in stone for the program to handle these files.

I also attached the HTML source too in a txt file if anyone wants to look it over to see what I am doing. Its pretty simple, and I have basically a web page that opens a bitmap and the bit map has coordinates mapped to hyperlinks making it a navigational interface.

This by the way is a band aid for troubles with FileMaker Pro 5.5 in which the designer feature for user interface is locked and an employee is gone and I havent been able to crack the password yet for being able to change the design, but we can still continue to use it functionally for adding or looking up info in the database. If anyone knows of any tricks on how to regain admin control of a locked FileMaker Pro 5.5 that may also be beneficial. But as for now, the quick fix was this HTML solution.

At some point maybe we can sever our need for FileMaker Pro 5.5, but for now its what we have and over 15 years of data bound to it. So I am going to have to look at an alternative at some point and a data export to something else. It would be nice to get it into mySQL or something like that which I can code up a nice PHP interface for etc.

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

bill30955

Beginner

• Always Learning
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Firefox & Greyed out option that I'd like to use
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 10:09:37 PM »
    Did you go into Tools>Options>Applications. Scroll down to Film Maker. Use drop down at Film Maker and choose " always ask"
    Bill