Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cisco Network Magic Pro 5.5  (Read 7486 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Cisco Network Magic Pro 5.5
« on: April 04, 2014, 12:23:21 PM »
Cisco Network Magic Pro 5.5

I put thiks here  becausae this is about a product taht can be help;full, but is hard to find and can do harm as well as good. So, it is a rfecomendation wt he warnings.

This is not atryuly a free program. It is a comercail product and Cisco wants you to buy it. But you might get to use it for awhile, long enugh to find you network problems.
Download sties taht maked it available will often tempt you with other things you do not really want. Some of which have been even harmfuyll.
Sitllo, if you can get it. Netrwork Magic can quickly five you a visual representation of what your network is doing.
This link from PCmag has some information about similar products available. You should be aware of the risk. Just becuase a big compnay has the link on the r website does not meant he programs are trustworthy.  Make  sure you have a recovery plan in place.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2348279,00.asp
Cisco's Network Magic is a software Swiss Army knife for your network. Network Magic's Network Activity and Intruder Tracking are the big blades that slice away your networking confusion and provide information on all connected devices, ... New in version 5.5, Network Magic integrates with Cisco wireless routers and includes Trend Micro's Home Network Defender. And Cisco has also improved the parental controls since version 5.0, added support for 33 languages, and changed the interface's color scheme to blue. ..., the price has dropped $10 to $39.99 (direct). 
Myself, I think they ought to offer it for $10 or free with a new router.
To find a free  version, start with the Cisco site and see if they have an offer.

EDIT: A rival product is called sSiceworks.
http://www.spiceworks.com/3.5/