Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Universal USB Installer 2014  (Read 6804 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Universal USB Installer 2014
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:23:14 PM »
Source: http://www.pendrivelinux.com
This Open Source tool falls under the GNU General Public License Version 2
Source Code is made available at time of download, from the official UUI page:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

My recommendation is to use this program to install Linux on a USB drive. It lets you pick the ISO file to use. If you don't have it, it will link to the site for the official Linux ISO needed for the USB flash. (You will need to remember where the download was saved.)
I tried it on  Puppy Linux  and if booted right up whit no problem. I have yet to try thy Ubuntu or many other versions that work with this installer
Booting up a Linux bistro on a Desktop or Laptop is quick way to see if there is a hardware problem. If Linux can  boot it, it must be working.
It will fit on even a small  USB flash drive.  :)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Universal USB Installer 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:59 PM »
This is a good tool, and I have used it many times myself, however its unfortunate that if the Linux Distro your trying to install to a USB is not included in the lengthy drop down of distro versions to select from, and you try to use the Other Linux option, I haven't had any luck with getting any Other Linux distros to work with that option.

If you are using a more common Linux Distro to push to USB stick it works very well.  :)

It may have been Morphix that gave me problems.