Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will a system image restore slow down my computer after factory settings?  (Read 3770 times)

Andreww

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this topic in but it is about windows 7 so I'm a give it a try.. So I'm using a toshiba laptop windows 7 with an intel pentium processor and it's a 64 bit windows 7 ultimate. My laptop has gotten a bit slow over the years and I want to get it back to it's original speed.. I don't think I'm up for doing anything else other than restoring it to factory settings. My laptop comes with windows home premium so if i restore it to factory settings that's what it will reset to, but I want my windows 7 ultimate along with all my programm files and everything else important to me so I got a 500g external hardgrive to do a system image restore so i backed up everything to the hardrive for the system image restore, but the thing I want to know about system image restore is if I return my pc back to factory settings then is it possible for me to use the system image restore afterwards and bring back all my files including the operating sytem, windows 7 ultimate and basically just everything that was on my pc before I reset it and if so will my computer still return to it's original speed after the sytem restore? Those are my 2 important question I really want to know. I've backed up everything on the hardrive except System (F:) because apparently that's not necessary at least that's what I've heard.

I would appreciate it if I could get a response as soon as possible for important reasons and thanks a lot for the help..

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Yes you can restore it and no, it will not make it faster.