Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Choppy, Laggy, Visuals  (Read 8871 times)

Andre C

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Choppy, Laggy, Visuals
    « on: May 05, 2014, 08:43:39 PM »
    Hello Everyone,

For the past 4-5 days I have been having Visual issues with my laptop. My computer boots fine, into windows 8 (now 8.1). About 5 minutes into doing nothing, or doing something, my visual display begins to slow down. The Frame rate drops while I'm starring at my desktop not running any apps in the background.

the problem seems to be triggered by time passed. I can start a Visually demanding game or be typing on Appache word and 5 -10 minutes into it, all visuals become sloppy and slow. I can run Multiple apps in the background and the visuals are no more and no less sloppy.

I have Updated ALL my drivers, I have updated to windows 8.1 I have run Norton Free anty virus scan and there are no threats yet the problem persists.

I'm lost Does anyone have a clue as to what this may be?

thank you.

Andre C

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Choppy, Laggy, Visuals
      « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »
      ONe more Symptom I forgot to mention. The lagging effect only affects windows and icons, not the mouse pointer. Mouse pointer is fine. Everything else lags behind. IF I drag a window the mouse pointer does what its supposed to do, the window lags behind, hopping from spot location to location following the trail of the mouse pointer.

Andre C

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Choppy, Laggy, Visuals
        « Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:59:08 AM »
        WEll thank youeveryone. I have figured out that my pc is having issues because my CPU is overheating.