Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yahoo...I do not understand you  (Read 3467 times)

PapaMoon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Yahoo...I do not understand you
    « on: May 08, 2014, 09:35:57 PM »
    So when that heart virus was going around I thought it would be a good idea to change some of my passwords. After doing that I cleared all my cookies and history without thinking about writing down my password. Since yahoo does not save passwords and there call service is run by one dude that is blazed out of his mind I am unable to recover my password. Also the phone number on the account is deactivated and the secondary email address does not exist anymore. Is there ANY way for me to get around this easier. I currently have some important information saved on the account regarding my job as well as some other emails. I have a Gmail account but that was not linked to my yahoo. Even my Droid logged me out of the account after not accessing it for more than a week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Yahoo...I do not understand you
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 12:08:11 AM »
    If you properly documented your security info when setting up the e-mail to begin with, you should be able to select that you forgot your password. It then will either send info to a mobile device that was registered with this acct or to another e-mail acct that you would normally have access to.

From my experience going through this, I had it registered to send a link to another e-mail account. I did that and was able to follow the link and answer 2 security questions, and then I was able to force change the password.

Without the mobile or alt e-mail you have to wait on say a 45 minute hold until answered. * Had to go this route before too with a yahoo e-mail once.

They then ask you info and you have to answer security questions. Upon successful completion of answering questions they will grant a password change.

Last option I have heard with other account providers is that you have to scan a drivers license and send this info to them to verify its you, and then they may grant a password change. This only works if the name registered to the e-mail is the name on the license. They also look to see the location it is registered to to match that up with drivers license as well.

If thats not an option then you pretty much need to create a whole new e-mail account and get a note book and write down all info such as password as well as security reset info.

DishyBishy

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Yahoo...I do not understand you
      « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:07:01 AM »
      I always make sure I write down my passwords for this very reason. I've never been in a situation quite like yours but I keep a list for my own sanity and comfort of knowing I can access my accounts when I need to.

When you get you are finally able to log in, make sure to at least write another email account where they can send you your password if this happens again.

Live and learn. We've all been there.