Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 1 year later AMD FX-8350 CPU hasn't budged much at all in price  (Read 2481 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Really surprised when looking at current Newegg offering of:

Top Components at Bottomed-out Prices

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/14-2724/index.html?icid=256575

They have the CPU that I have been waiting on buying for a year now and it has only gone down by $10 from the $199.99 to $189.99 and that is claimed to be a bottomed-out price? Since May 2013 I have seen this same CPU offered on a sale as cheap as $159.99 in which I almost jumped on buying it and multiple times it had a instant $30 off sale for $179.99.

I just can't believe I saw this CPU in the Bottomed-out offerings when its far from bottomed out in price!

If it were $149.99 maybe you can say its bottomed out based on price/performance, but not $189.99 which is more expensive than all other prior sale offerings and rebates.

I know that the price tags float on supply/demand ( and what people are willing to pay ) but I think the price tag is starting to become inflated against what an aged CPU should really be priced at. I am willing to pay $150 possibly, but not a penny more.

I suppose if I had an extreme need to have this CPU and couldnt get by with less, I'd just pay the price tag, but for the fact that I am able to get by with drastically lesser processing power, I can hold out for the price to come down and buy upgrades as they are placed on clearance when being phased out etc, however at this pace, it makes me wonder if it will be another year or two before this CPU drops to a price tag I am willing to pay for this CPU, and if the price will never really bottom out, but eventually the supply will dry up in which it becomes out-of-stock permanently. With all other CPU's followed and purchased they generally drop by at least 25% from the original price tag before phasing out. But this one may be one that doesnt.  :-\

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: 1 year later AMD FX-8350 CPU hasn't budged much at all in price
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 03:12:25 PM »
That CPU is one of the most powerful CPUs currently available, and is still AMDs current and latest Generation.

Because it is the latest generation, demand will not go down until they announce the next generation of Processors they have planned.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.