Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connecting Canon MX452 printer to home Wi-Fi via AT&T modem  (Read 8362 times)

funguy11

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    I need to connect my Canon MX452 printer to my home WiFi network because I have a few laptops which are able to connect to the printer, but cannot print because of no working WiFi on the printer. I have AT&T U-Verse Internet and the modem they have provided to me has a fully numeric passcode. The printer has a numeric keypad just like a phone, but I an unable to actually enter numbers with they keypad, only letters. For instance, I can use the "2" key to enter "a", "b", or "c", but not a "2". I am unable to change the password because of how AT&T service works. How do I enter the numeric characters for my passcode into the printer?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Connecting Canon MX452 printer to home Wi-Fi via AT&T modem
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
    Go back and read the instructions again.
    Canon MX452 has good documentation. Find it. But if that is hard to follow, they have a forum where this topic has been covered many times.
     Here is a short version:
    Please try the following steps to connect the unit to your Wi-Fi router:
    1.  Press the Setup button on the printer.
    2.  Use the arrow keys to select Drive Settings and press OK.
    3.  Select LAN Settings and press OK.
    4.  Choose Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
    5.  If a WPS prompt appears, press the STOP button.
    6.  Select Standard Setup and press OK.
    7.  Select your Access Point and press OK.  When entering the passphrase, use the Tone or Star (*) key to change character modes.
    Once this has been done, insert the CD for the unit into your Windows or Mac OSX computer and perform the installation.
    http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/How-Connect-MX452-to-WiFi/td-p/22773
    Does that work?  :)