Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: chkdsk with ( fix )  (Read 3884 times)

Kryptonite

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• It's not hard to tell where MY head is at
    chkdsk with ( fix )
    « on: June 20, 2014, 08:28:36 AM »
    After my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 gave me a blue screen that I had never seen before I rebooted in safe mode and ran scandisk.

In the report it was suggested that I run chkdsk f (fix ) I couldn't find where or how to do that so I went on a different computer and did a search which lead to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872425.aspx

and said this   
    Check Disk then performs an analysis of the disk and returns a status message regarding any problems it encounters.Unless you specify further options, Check Disk won’t repair problems, however.To find and repair errors on drive C, use this command:
    chkdsk /f C:

I tried that in safe mode and in standard mode. The dos screen takes the command and momentarily displays two lines then disappears.

Did it run and fix the errors or is something else happening? Why no report as to what it found and what it fixed?

The best sayings that sum me up in a nut shell depends on the obvious which more often than not is obscured by the talk of the day which sounds a lot like  gnat-thing.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: chkdsk with ( fix )
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »
    Just type chkdsk /r and hit Enter...
    NOTE: There is a space between the command and the switch.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "