Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Long Delay after logon ( Profile Related ) Looking for cause Win 7 64-bit Home P  (Read 3960 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
So one of my Windows 7 64-bit systems recently started experiencing where the symptoms are:

- System Boots up fast and you get to logon prompt for Windows 7 64-bit home premium
- Enter in password and you get the circle cartwheel for Windows 7 and then the screen turns black with your pointer being the only thing on the screen, and moving the mouse the pointer moves around so the computer is not locked up. This black screen with pointer only on it lasts about 1 minute 9 seconds every time.
- After 1 minute 9 seconds the desktop loads quickly and the system is as fast as its always been.

Now the way that I know that the problem is in the user profile is because I created a new user account and that one loads up quickly without this problem.

Logging back onto the original profile that is about 6 months old and the problem is still there.

Looking at the profile size, its not that big in size so its not having to load data to desktop etc that would cause lag.

Question I have is if anyone knows of any tools to diagnose this issue to fix a profile related problem?

To me it seems as though the system is waiting for something and then times out and loads and runs normally.

Malwarebytes shows clean
AVG Free shows clean
Windows Event Manager Log shows nothing that pops out as a problem.

So I do not think this is malware related. I was thinking that if there was a tool out there that tracked services loading etc and logged how long it took each one to start etc that maybe I would find one that takes like 1:09 in which i would have my targeted cause for the problem.

*I could just move over my data from the old profile to the new one and delete the old one as a solution to this problem, but instead of taking the easy way out and not really understanding how to fix this the real profile related issue, i figured I'd post this here to see what I can learn from this, since maybe the problem with this profile can be corrected.  :-\

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Any apps installed specifically to that profile ? ?
Install StartupCPL from Mike Lin and have a looksee at that as well...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
WOW 1 minute and 44 seconds with a response... That was FAST  :o

Are you running some sort of tool that shows you when new posts are posted to react that fast or just happened to hit it that quickly to respond?

Thanks Patio I will check that out.  8)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
 :P

Same reason we crash the Admin panel each time cleanin out spammers...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "