Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My first self built computer.  (Read 100674 times)

dodomut

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I'm still in highschool.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
My first self built computer.
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »
This is my first custom made PC. I'd say it definitely all my expectations for a good not to expensive gaming PC. Being this was my first build, it was very frightening. I kept thinking I was gonna break something and since I had no money left i'd have to wait a long time to get money to replace it. When I began placing parts into the case, I started with the motherboard. I placed it in the case and aligned it to the chassis and began screwing it down. A few seconds later, I noticed I had nine "M/B Standoff". I then also realized my screws were going in right. This is where I became anxious.  I took out the motherboard  screwed the standoffs in and then the motherboard. I then installed the graphics card and was going to install the DVD burner. Of-course the motherboard was in the way so I had to unscrew and screw back again. My anxiety grew larger in the fear of breaking the motherboard. I was now going to place the power supply in the case when I realized, I might have to take out the motherboard again. I told my self "No! No! Not again! I'll have to find another way. Gladly, eventually I did.  Finally, once the all of the components were in I brought a random monitor to give my computer a test. I plugged in the power and the monitor turned her on. Nothing happened Terrified i stood still in shock. "Did i really just waist $1200 on a failure. I checked everything over and over for 20 Minutes at least. then  realized a light was flashing next to my Graphics card I read the motherboard manual and found it indicates a problem with the graphics card I then realized one of the power cables were loose. I fixed turned her on again and Blam! there it was My PC working like a charm. 8)

Specifications:
-Intel 4690k Processor
-HyperX Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB)
-EVGA SuperClocked Geforce GTX 760 2GB
-ASUS Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel
-Fractal Design Define R4 With Window
-Crucial M500 240GB SSD
-WD 1TB Hard drive 7200RPM
-XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Power supply

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

dodomut

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I'm still in highschool.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: My first self built computer.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 07:52:38 AM »
OH! I also forgot to give a thanks to Camerongray for really helping me choose my parts.
Thanks Camerongray! ;D