Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer help  (Read 4214 times)

zzmilez

Topic Starter

Starter

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Printer help
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:37:05 PM »
I have a Canon MX330 that has never given me any problems, but since my last cartridge change, things haven't been printing as dark as they should.
The nozzle check prints fine, and it copies things fine, but anything I print from my pc is way lighter than it should be.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Printer help
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 11:03:30 PM »
Do you still  have the old cartridges?  Will they still work?
How often do you get new carts? Are  you sure about the model number and part number?  How have  you cleaned or primed the cartridges?

Here is a method for water-soluble ink carts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztl_SiUdPLw

Here is another:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0tm8dNeE2A

Myself, I just use toilet paper. Right.  toilet paper. I just set the cart on a bit of toilet paper and the nozzle will clean itself. Takes about 30 seconds.

zzmilez

Topic Starter

Starter

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
The old cartridge (I only changed the black) was out, so I don't have it anymore. I let them go til I can't get anything else of of them.

I tried cleaning them with hot water/paper towel, and have also run both cleaning and deep cleaning through the printer.

It's only the things I send through my pc that aren't printing right. Anything I copy prints perfectly. Anything from my pc prints at about 50% opacity.

I had it hooked up to a usb hub and tried switching it directly to a port; that didn't do anything.
I was thinking maybe there's a setting somewhere that somehow got changed, but I can't find anything?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »
Try and remove the printer from the device manager and install it again.
Also, can you print a test page from the PC?  You go into you printers and select the printer, then somewhere there is a test page option.

zzmilez

Topic Starter

Starter

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »
The test page printed fine through the pc, so I tried something that worked, but doesn't solve the original problem: I just tried opening a picture into Paint before printing and it prints fine.

It only prints weird if I right-click-Print from the file location.

Opening things into Paint first is a bit of an inconvenience, but it's not that big of a deal.
But I usually print things directly through the file explorer because it's faster for printing a lot of separate images, but I checked every setting I could find.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
Hi

Check in your print driver that you have eco mode turned off.

If it is printing the test page and copying correctly then it is a printer driver setting.
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 06:36:28 PM »
I always print from an application.