Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: First gaming pc build advice  (Read 3071 times)

michaelused

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    First gaming pc build advice
    « on: August 06, 2014, 07:54:56 PM »
    Alright so here is what I got so far. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9QLkHx

I've already got the case ordered, next week I was thinking of ordering the motherboard. Could you guys take a look at what I have so far and give me some advice on where I could do better with around the same budget as I have so far? I haven't found a video card yet, still haven't decided on one.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: First gaming pc build advice
    « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 03:10:55 AM »
    So far that looks pretty good.  Only part I would consider changing is the motherboard for a better brand such as Gigabyte or ASUS - AsRock are a lower end brand yet aren't that much cheaper than a much better one.

There is no real point buying parts at different times, I'd just wait and get them all at once.  That way you won't have any issues with return periods or wasting part of your warranty while you order the rest of the parts.  Also, if you are buying multiple parts from one retailer you will usually save on the postage as this will combine with ordering multiple items at once.