Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Viruses  (Read 3434 times)

falconrising

Viruses
« on: March 24, 2004, 02:33:25 PM »
 Wouldn't it be nice if you could send the virus back to the originator.  Is there a way of doing this.  Most of the time when I click reply I get it returned to me as an unknown address.  

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Viruses
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 04:29:37 PM »
Revenge never solved anything  ;) You are correct that most of the time the e-mail address will be an invalid address. However some times the virus may also be sent mistakenly from a friend whose computer was infected or the e-mail address may be a spoofed address. Therefore intentially trying to send the virus back to the person is going to do nothing but help spread the virus.

The best line of defense when it comes to Viruses is to keep your virus scanner up to date.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

falconrising

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 05:21:48 PM »
Revenge may have never solved anything but it would feel so good in some cases. :o

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 06:17:50 PM »
Until the person returns the favor back to you and starts sending you more viruses, worms, etc.  :'(
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 07:52:57 AM »
Hope Admin: you say the best defense is a good scanner.  I'm sorry to disagree but I think user knowledge is best.  We have 3 levels of protection but still, email viruses get through.  I've had to give training and notices to our users to beware of attachments etc.  Most people just don't think before opening files or they're too trusting of a friend/family.  That's my rant.