Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SOS! ATTN ANY YOUTUBE GEEKS  (Read 3564 times)

King Conga

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    SOS! ATTN ANY YOUTUBE GEEKS
    « on: August 20, 2014, 07:21:01 PM »
    I hope this is the most pertinent forum to post this on, and sorry if the ALL CAPS is overkill, but I'm REALLY in a bind.  I appreciate anyone's patience in advance.

Please, if there are any YouTube geeks out there, PLEASE help me with this issue.

I've uploaded almost 100 videos on my Video Channel, which I made UNLISTED. On all but 3 there's a menu of other videos that are NOT related to my channel AT ALL, and every time I click on the link to anyone of these 3 videos this STINKING menu covers at least the entire right 1/3 of my video. I've gone to Channel/Advanced (and checked all other Channel features) to block any ads appearing on my channel, but that doesn't help. This stupid menu pops up on all of my other videos, but for some reason, on those it appears BEHIND the video. That's annoying enough, but this is ridiculous

I'm sending the links to these videos to VERY IMPORTANT clients that I only get 1 shot at, and Google is SCREWING me in the pooch!

Here's what else YouTube is screwing up. As I stated in my 1st thread, I made THE ENTIRE channel UNLISTED! I don't know how to make it ANY clearer to !@#$%ING YOUTUBE that I DO NOT want my videos circulated all over the web. I ONLY want to store them there FOR NO ONE to see so I can send the links out to whomever I choose, and ONLY they get to see them. NOW HOW THE H#!! can I do that?

Oh! AND ANOTHER thing. Now, I can't even see the the thumbnails that were there an hour ago. How do I get those back?
    Win10 64-Bit / ASUS F555U /12Gig RAM
    CPU:i7-6500-3.1GHz/Chrome 64Bit Ver. 49

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: SOS! ATTN ANY YOUTUBE GEEKS
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
    ALL CAPS?
    Well, they DO bother my eyes. Please don't use anymore all caps.
    As for the service known as YouTube, did you sign some kind of agreement with him stipulating that your videos can only be presented in a specified context? Perhaps not. Instead, you made an agreement that they could do with a one with your videos.
    Now, if you are a commercial entity, and you wish to use YouTube for marketing your product, you need to contact them and let them know you want a commercial arrangement. If that is not to your liking, there are alternatives for people that want to present their Cherry Hill without advertisement from competitors.
    Here is a link for people who have a commercial need of a video service at a low cost.
    http://smallbiztrends.com/2014/01/youtube-alternatives-small-businesses.html
    They can also provide you information about how to promote your own website, and draw customers to your video presentations.
    Hope it matters, the best I can do for you. :)

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:03:29 PM »
    Well, first of all, calm down and explain your problem clearly with screenshots of this "menu".  You say that these are going to "very important clients" but your post hardly screams "professional".  Finally, if you are having issues with YouTube, use a different service like Vimeo.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:08 PM »
    Here's what else YouTube is screwing up. As I stated in my 1st thread, I made THE ENTIRE channel UNLISTED! I don't know how to make it ANY clearer to !@#$%ING YOUTUBE that I DO NOT want my videos circulated all over the web. I ONLY want to store them there FOR NO ONE to see so I can send the links out to whomever I choose, and ONLY they get to see them. NOW HOW THE H#!! can I do that?
    Unlisted means they do not appear in Video searches. or on your channel. The videos will still appear in Search Engines. To make a Video Private, you would have to mark it as Private. I believe there is a process of setting up a Key or passcode but I've not done that in a while so I'm uncertain.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

John1397

Hopeful
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:01:15 AM »
      ALL CAPS?
      Well, they DO bother my eyes. Please don't use anymore all caps.

I've heard sunglasses help.