Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop crashing  (Read 2984 times)

bulvox

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    laptop crashing
    « on: October 08, 2014, 09:17:48 AM »
    Im using a HP G62 notebook, with Windows 7 home premium OS. the laptop has been running fine for awhile then my screen started turning blank white, which i could fix my simply pressing down on my X/C keys on the keyboard, until yesterday. now the screen doesnt turn white anymore but if i play League of Legends my laptop screen will flicker then the laptop crashes. I can freely run anything else except league of legends now and im wondering why that is.can anybody help?

bulvox

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: laptop crashing
      « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »
      any ideas

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »
      Please don't bump threads less than 24 hours old. If someone can help, they will respond.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »
      When pressing X and C keys it fixed the white display.... and then the laptop crashes playing games...

I was thinking that maybe you had a loose video cable under the keyboard and by pressing down on the keyboard which places down pressure on the keyboard interface it was causing some pressure to a partially seated or intermittent connected video cable to the main board of the laptop and that may be why your white screen corrects itself.

As far as laptop crashing while only playing games. I'd check on CPU and GPU temps when playing games. If either CPU or GPU is going above 60C then you will need to either add a cooler pad below the laptop that helps with better air flow to cool it or you may have to open it up and replace a dried up heat pad or replace a heat pipe that is non functional due to a leak in the pipe.

Speedfan is a good tool to check temps. You can start it and check the check boxes for GPU and CPU Core and have it start to log the graph mode on the one tab. Then with it running start up a game and if the game normally plays say 10 minutes or longer before crashing then hit your windows key at around 5 minutes into the game and look at the speedfan graph and look to see where your temps climbed to while gaming. The temps should start to drop quickly after hitting the windows key because the CPU and GPU will be less loaded down not having to handle the game graphics and so they will cool some from before the windows key was pressed.

www.almico.com/speedfan450.exe