Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can`t customize Opera browser  (Read 11133 times)

amigo1982

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Can`t customize Opera browser
    « on: November 08, 2014, 02:35:16 AM »
    Hello, and excuse me for my not so good english. I`m using Opera version 25 stable with Windows 8.1 on desktop and just want to peronalize and cosumize some panels, toolbars and especialy to put bookmar bar one level high. I did it fine this in Firefox a few days ago but in Opera absolutly nowere see options for customizing toolbars...
    Main menu/settings-no were
    In older versions of Opera when you do right click on the toolbar on the top have one option -customize but in Opera 25 nothing like that. Its important for me because i use only Opera. Even i write this question to Opera support but im sure they will not answer to me.
    To understnd me i put this link from You tu be but these things there cant be done in version 25 because have no this menus to customize.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_iC2_m0r4PU

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Can`t customize Opera browser
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »
    Opera has been going through a lot of changes in the last year or longer, especially after version 12, and I think they have a lot of unhappy users as a result.  The video you posted was uploaded to youtube.com in June 2010, so it's simply out-of-date. 

I was using Opera for quite awhile until they released some major changes after version 12.  I've since drifted away from it.  I think you might need to wait and see whether they restore the customization capability you want in future releases, and I suspect they will be doing so because they've been getting a lot of complaints from long-time users.  You might also visit http://forums.opera.com/ often to keep informed on what's happening with Opera.