Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where is ZERO bot?  (Read 98237 times)

ScanneD

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Where is ZERO bot?
    « on: April 23, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »
     ??? admin can you tell me where to see your AIBot on irc? or maybe if ever you can run that bot on my channel in IRC

-ScanneD

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Where is ZERO bot?
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:02:23 PM »
    ScanneD,
    Not everybody will know what you are talking about.
    For general reference:

IRC bot - From Wikipedia

... an IRC bot is deployed as a detached program running from a stable host. It sits on an IRC channel to keep it open and prevents malicious users from taking over the channel. It can be configured to give channel operator status to privileged users when they join the channel, and can provide a unified channel operator list. Many of these features require that the bot be a channel operator. Thus, most IRC bots are run from computers which have long uptimes (generally running a BSD derivative or Linux) and a fast, stable Internet connection. As IRC has become popular with many dial-up users as well, special services have appeared that offer limited user-level access to a stable Linux server with a decent connection. The user may run an IRC bot from this shell account. These services are commonly known as shell providers...
    So, what is your intention? This forum will not help you defeat something that exists to prevent harmful jokes.

Now if you want more control over other people, you can pay for a website and install a IRC server and pay for it out of your own pocket. Then it is  yours  and you do want you want.
    Does that answer the  question?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Where is ZERO bot?
    « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:11:00 PM »
    ??? admin can you tell me where to see your AIBot on irc? or maybe if ever you can run that bot on my channel in IRC

-ScanneD

I don't think Zero has been in the CH chat channel for quite some time.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.