Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezes up in Safe Mode Bootup  (Read 2699 times)

Ed Emire

Computer freezes up in Safe Mode Bootup
« on: November 03, 2005, 09:26:44 PM »
Hello all,

I have a problem the "other guys" are not able to help me with.  I am trying to run my PC in safe mode, but my PC always freezes up on the the line ending System32/Drivers/Mup.sys. It has stayed on this line for 3 hours. It's definitely frozen and is not coming out of it. What could be causing this and how do I get around it? I am trying to get it unfrozen so I can clean out some spyware --

here's the rest of my problem-

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=60143&hl=

Thanks

GX1_Man

Re: Computer freezes up in Safe Mode Bootup
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 10:04:04 PM »
Well, personally I am a fan of format and reinstall if hings are that FUBAR'ed. It will take less time, and unlike the workarounds that may help, this will definitely work.

No one likes to do this, and there may be some glamor in getting a frozen system to come around, but while reloading everything, it gives you time to think about using one of those "image" products - Acronis or Ghost or whatever. You also get time to reflect on the importance of up to date spyware/adware/virus protection which is used, and regular backups. If you have any left over time, you can think about Linux as a substitue for all of this fun.

I wish you luck!