Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems creating bootable flash drive  (Read 3341 times)

hardslate

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Problems creating bootable flash drive
    « on: November 19, 2014, 03:37:04 AM »

I am trying to create a bootable flash drive to reload Win7 on my laptop. I have followed your instructions to the letter, but near the end, I run into a problem. On this step...

6. Go back to the command prompt window and type in D: CD BOOT (substitute your DVD drive letter for "D:" if necessary) and press Enter. Type CD BOOT again and press Enter. Lastly, type BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 H: (substitute your USB flash drive letter for "H:" if necessary) and press Enter.

When I enter "CD BOOT" the second time, I get the below error.....

"The system cannot find the path specified"

Please advise why I get this error?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problems creating bootable flash drive
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:23:58 AM »
    I have followed your instructions to the letter, but near the end, I run into a problem. On this step...

Whos instructions?

Windows 7 should only be installed off of original media ( DVD ), or system recovery media provided by computer manufacturer in which you are granted the ability to make a recovery set on Flash drive(s).

I'd use an optical drive and go that route for the installation.

Because this has the hint of a pirated OS you will probably not get further assistance with this. If you own a legal copy of Windows 7 the installation from that disc should be no problem unless you dont have an optical drive. If you dont have an optical drive you can pick up a USB DVD-ROM for around $20 online to install from.