Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: First time build in Germany  (Read 2411 times)

Akubara

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    First time build in Germany
    « on: November 28, 2014, 05:36:41 AM »
    Hi guys, so I've been trying to put a computer together, and as a complete beginner I'm not sure all of them fit. I'm pretty sure I want to get those processor and graphics card, but I'm not sure about the motherboard and power supply. Thanks for the hlep in advance!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  (€87.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (€41.21 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€41.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Hitachi Travelstar Z7K500 500GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€47.70 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  (€107.90 @ Caseking)
    Case: Zalman ZM-T3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€24.94 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€42.90 @ Caseking)
    Total: €394.44
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-28 13:35 CET+0100

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/NhKpNG

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: First time build in Germany
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 08:22:15 AM »
    The CPU and video card you have are fine for the price and will handle games on lower graphics settings fine, but don't expect wonders.

As far as the other parts, I have a few pointers you may want to take into account:
    • That motherboard is very basic and old technology,therefore it doesn't give you native SATA III or USB 3.0 support.  I recommend you replace it with a board that has at least a 970 chipset.  This new board would likely be ATX which unfortunately will mean you will need to pick a new case.
    • You would get slightly better performance if you replaced the single 4gb stick of RAM with a pair of 2gb sticks as this will then run in dual channel.
    • The hard drive you have selected is a laptop size 2.5" drive, for a desktop you should get a 3.5" one.
    • The Corsair CX power supplies are okay, but not great.  You can get something like this that is much better quality for only a few Euro more: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1450sx2b9