Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: a couple of newbie questions about chassis fans and motherboard  (Read 2665 times)

remember2010

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    a couple of newbie questions about chassis fans and motherboard
    « on: January 30, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »
    hi, I' ve got a couple of questions about chassis fans that I am confused about.

1. My chassis comes with two chassis fans, but it looks like there is only one chassis fans header on my motherboard, where to connect another fans?  Is it okay to connect only one chassis fans?

2. The chassis fans is three-wire connectors and they are not compatible with any of the connections/connectors on my PSU, while my motherboard has only 4-pin fan header, can I connect the chassis fans to the 4-pin fan header and is it wrong?

Thank you.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: a couple of newbie questions about chassis fans and motherboard
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »
    Yes you can connect the 3 pin fan header to the 4 pin motherboard plug. There is only 1 way it will fit so no problem there.
    What motherboard do you have ? if it is a choice of either the front fan that blows over the hard drive or a rear fan sucking above the CPU I would have the front fan connected. 
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan