Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to setup login on XP Pro  (Read 4555 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    how to setup login on XP Pro
    « on: November 07, 2005, 06:14:56 PM »
    Hi,

I was wondering if i can perform login on windows XP Pro. Let me explain to you what i really mean by that. I have a small network in my office with a small number of staffs (6 people) too.

What I'd really like to do is to be able to let certain folders be shared with certain levels of permissions like file sharing. Also when, if possible, someone clicks on a particular shared folders, they would be prompted for username and password before they are allowed to view files inside it. Unsure if this is feasible with XP Pro? I heard you can do this with windows server 2000 or windows 2000 but they are too costly.

Also, is there a step by step instruction that i can follow as to show me how to set file sharing permission on XP Pro?

Thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      Re: how to setup login on XP Pro
      « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:09:40 PM »
      Hi,

I don't understand why there is no security tab shown when right click on a folder -> sharing and security option. All i can see are three tabs i.e. General, Sharing and Customise.

Can anyone tell me Where my security tab has gone? I have also made sure to uncheck the simple file sharing option under folder.

Your help is greatly appreciated and look forward to hearing from you
      « Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 09:11:14 PM by associates »