Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Rattling inside laptop??  (Read 3022 times)

Matchbox7

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Rattling inside laptop??
    « on: January 31, 2015, 10:33:05 AM »
    Hi everyone I have a Windows 8 hp laptop that is about a year old and for the past few months I have been hearing a weird rattling sound Inside it it happens most often when my laptop gets tilted  or put on an angle like on my legs or when I let it rest on the top part to stop the fan from over Heating when I leave. It sounds almost like there is a bit of plastic or metal inside it that keeps hitting the inside of my laptop somewhere but I don't know where. I think it might be inside the fan. If it is inside the fan how do you open the fan so I can get it out? Sorry if this is hard to understand I'm Not very  good at writing this kind of stuff :p all help would be appriciated

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Rattling inside laptop??
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 08:18:21 PM »
    Easiest method of figuring out what it is would be top open it. That is if you feel comfortable enough to do so without damaging it. Its probably a piece of plastic although if it was a small screw which then came into contact with electronics it could kill the system.

If it were my computer, I would open it and remove the stray piece vs taking risk of killing it if it shorts or stops a fan etc.