Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC freezes with loud buzzing  (Read 4835 times)

trym392

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    PC freezes with loud buzzing
    « on: February 11, 2015, 10:35:47 AM »
    Hey, I've had this problem for a while that when a play a game or watch a video in any quality my computer can randomly freeze and cause a buzzing noise in my head phnes. The computer shows no indication to when this will happen and when the buzzing starts it's over.

The buzzing lasts for about 3 second and then stops making the fan inside the pc the only noise. When it freezes it has no response at all and I cannot do anything but forcefully turn off or "choke" the computer. I'm writing this now after it happened twice in 15 minutes which is a new record therefore i fear it is getting worse. I got the computer for Christmas and I've had the problem since like 10 of January or so. It is no bad program that i've downloaded and i have tried to "restore" the computer from the windows 8 settings.

I have the 'Hewlett Packard Envy 15 notebook' laptop with:

- AMD A10-5750M APU processor
    - Radeon HD Graphics 2.50GHz
    - 800 GB RAM
    - 64 bit
    - Windows 8.1

I restored the laptop for 3 days ago and it hasn't helped, I'm really in distress and i have yeat to try (and will soon) take my computer to Elkjøp (Electronics store) to have them take a look at it.

I appreciate any information on the subject even a, "Yeah i have the same problem" and help will be extremly loved. I'll check on this post from time to time and if you need any more of my PC info i'll do my best to find it.

Thanks  ;D

Mulreay

Egghead
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Space and Science
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: PC freezes with loud buzzing
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 02:39:03 PM »
    That's a lot of RAM for a laptop or even any computer. It could be an over-heating issue but usually the computer would shut down if that were the case.
    Try using something like http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php  speed fan just to make sure that it's not a temp issue. Run the program in the background and do whatever it is that makes the computer crash and note the temperatures.

If not then come back to us with as much information you can give.
    For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost,
    But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:20:29 PM »
    he doesn't have 800G of RAM...just sayin.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

trym392

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 08:43:44 AM »

Try using something like http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php  speed fan just to make sure that it's not a temp issue. Run the program in the background and do whatever it is that makes the computer crash and note the temperatures.

The problem is I cannot do anything on my computer, absolutley nothing and therefore cannot check the temprature. Even if i ran the program in the background I have no clue of what causes the problem either, to me it seems random since it happens with games, videos and anythig else with graphics (even Minecraft -_-).