Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to downgrade from ios7/8 on an iphone?  (Read 5900 times)

Bluewave

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    How to downgrade from ios7/8 on an iphone?
    « on: February 16, 2015, 01:59:43 AM »
    I currently own an iphone 4S that was recently updated to ios8. The problem is that I despise the design of ios7 and higher and therefore would like to downgrade the thing back to ios6. Is this possible?

darron.watts

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: How to downgrade from ios7/8 on an iphone?
      « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »
      Well, there is no approved process to downgrade from a higher version to a lower one. Moreover, Apple doesn’t support downgrading; even iTunes won’t help completely in this case. Moreover, if you have already iCloud backup then restoring won’t help as I think so.

Whitebeard1

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 06:35:24 PM »
        It is possible to downgrade from a higher IOS version to a lower one.
        But I do not think it is possible to downgrade from ios7/8 at the moment.
        There is a 'grace period' after a new IOS version has been released, where you can still revert back to older versions.
        But the 'grace period' is long gone, and Apple won't let you downgrade to IOS6 anymore.
        Only possible way is if you have an iPhone 4.
        http://www.extremetech.com/computing/167450-downgrading-from-ios-7-to-ios-6-why-apple-wont-let-you
        Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

Celzium

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 01:52:02 PM »
          Typically, Apple discontinues signing older variants of iOS within days of the latest variant transportation. As I write this, it is still not impossible. But it might not be in the immediate future, if you are going to at all, so act now.

The very first trick is locating a copy of iOS 7.1.2 for your device. With chance, the iOS installer program you want is there.

So yours may be gone nevertheless, these programs are normally deleted by the Mac OS. Make sure you get the one which applies to your particular device.

Once it is been restored you are able to then click the Restore Backup button to place back your info and programs on the smartphone.

tiarulehe

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »
            The very first trick is locating a copy of iOS 7.1.2 for your device. With chance, the iOS installer program you want is there.