Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HOW TO HIDE META DATA CONTENTS or Keywords FROM A WEBSITE OR FROM VIEW SOURCE.  (Read 14282 times)

aditya

Topic Starter

• Experience: Guru
    HELLO TECH GEEKS.!
    ----------------------

I want to hide meta data or meta contents from my website
    such as when anybody open my website or source
    meta contents or Keywords will not show in "View source" but keywords should work in internet or web page.

Is this possible through html / html5 or php.
    but not through Javascript, because anybody can disable Javascript from his browser and after that can read my keywords. :P :P ;D

Thanks in Advance. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:28:48 AM by aditya »

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Well, of course not since if you are sending raw HTML to a site it will be visible when you view the source...

Why exactly must you hide the keywords?  I can't think of any legitimate reason to do this!

aditya

Topic Starter

• Experience: Guru
      Yaa...!
      I know that thing,
      Thankyu.. for reply. :)

shukas1995

Hi there,

Various sites being build today are trying to build sites where source code can't be read(using view page source.)
        Some examples are that sites whence loaded you can't proceed further until you can't disconnect your internet. These sites also include feature to disable page source.
        But source code can be read in some other way.  ;D (Obviously site must have been dowloaded in the above case, on your computer.)

So source will have to be sent to the client. But features like above can be added.

Cheers.
        shukas1995

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
          • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
        Various sites being build today are trying to build sites where source code can't be read(using view page source.)
        Some examples are that sites whence loaded you can't proceed further until you can't disconnect your internet. These sites also include feature to disable page source.
        Any evidence of this?  You cannot hide anything that is sent to the client's computer, end of story.  Sure there are horrible Javascript hacks that can be done to make it harder for someone to view the source but it will not stop anyone who has any idea of what they are doing and will cause a total usability nightmare that will ultimately stop people using the site.

Purnitigulati

• Experience: Beginner
          The meta content, if well written in the webpage, is quite important as it is often used as the "snippet" for the Search result page (search engine result page). The public can read it in Google search engine results page and makes them more or less likely to feel the need or desire to visit your site. As a public thing there is no way that you can or should "hide" it. That would be like a firm/agency wanting to hide its ads from their competitors. Accordingly, although the meta keywords are not used by Google search engine, they cannot be hidden, but you can leave it if you want. Google meta title and meta descriptions can increase click through rates for the website and keywords aren't used for rankings in Google.  :)

HELLO TECH GEEKS.!
          ----------------------

I want to hide meta data or meta contents from my website
          such as when anybody open my website or source
          meta contents or Keywords will not show in "View source" but keywords should work in internet or web page.

Is this possible through html / html5 or php.
          but not through Javascript, because anybody can disable Javascript from his browser and after that can read my keywords. :P :P ;D

Thanks in Advance. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

faketaxi8x

• StrandedTeens Video
          If your hide on get source, google or another SE cant get. And Meta is not display for you.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          Google 'Make HTML source unreadable'
          Lots of links found.
          No good reasons given.  ::)

Jcrane

Thank you very much. This was very helpful. I have solved problem which was bothering me for a while. BR.