Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Network Unstable  (Read 2833 times)

3lixir

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Computer Network Unstable
    « on: February 17, 2015, 05:43:47 PM »
    So this last weekend I began to have some networking problems with my computer and happening almost randomly. Since I haven't had a virus protector for a month or so, I decided to purchase one thinking that could have been the source of the problem. I did a full scan and restarted my computer but later on it was back to where I started. This usually happens when I try to do something with more usage of my internet (opening pages are fine, but loading videos or playing games causes trouble). I opened up task manager and looked at what speed I was receiving; the download would just bounce up and down. At some point the download would just shut off for a period of time. I never had a time where the internet was stable. I even uninstalled a couple of the software a recently downloaded and that didn't fix anything too. I also attempted to connect to my hot spot and it wouldn't even connect.

I'm having trouble believing that this could be a hardware problem on my computer since I just recently build my computer (4 months ago) with a strong wireless adapter with great specs and has been working fine ever since. I would also like to point out that it seems my computer is the only device that is having this problem. So... What do I do?

Other info:
    Network Down: 6 Up: .5 (I know, could be nicer :'()
    Virus Protector: Norton
    Let me know if I'm missing anything that is needed to help resolve this. Thanks!
    These pictures show me just trying to load a web page.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:01:49 PM by 3lixir »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer Network Unstable
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »
    strong wireless adapter with great specs
    One can not trust the specs. Bad things happen with wireless. For one, a new wireless device may have been installed by a neighbor and it conflicts with your setup. Try another wireless device. Or have a fiend bring over a portable talblet or notebook and compare.

liquidc0d3d

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:28:13 PM »
      hi, i would suggest to check if windows update is set to automatic.

I have seen this issue often all bandwith are "wasted" with updates.

You mat try to change the settings by

Opening Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.

Tap or click Choose how updates get installed.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 03:03:35 PM »
      Bandwidth wasted with updates? Really?

Please feel free to ignore the above post.

liquidc0d3d

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 11:15:55 AM »
        Well not every country have high speed internet connection. If you enjoy a high speed you wont see the difference but on slow connections you notice a change.