Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: videos, games won't play  (Read 6749 times)

stevelaf

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    videos, games won't play
    « on: March 12, 2015, 09:36:54 AM »
    I can play a game, middle of game  a big grey Exclamation mark with a circle around it displays and there goes game. Videos,  Youtube videos, news videos, sometimes play with no problem, and then , the mark just pops up.  I am running Windows 7, 8 mg ram, i5-2320 processor, hard drive is no where full , <25% used.  I have tried to update drivers and now at am a loss  as to what is causing this. My last guess is Cox is slowing/ limiting down my downloads but that is a guess and I have been a subscriber for  9 years with no problems till now. I hate to yell at them but anybody got an idea of what is happening.?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: videos, games won't play
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:04:40 PM »
    Do you have any other devices that experience the same issue or is it just this one computer? You can request of Cox to perform a loopback test to your home modem which would be easy for them to perform and might point out an issue if there was one with your service to the home. Is this system connected via a Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable or wireless? Do you have any friends with a laptop that can come over and test your internet connection if you dont have a second computer or internet ready device to test with?

stevelaf

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
      Desktop is only computer I have. But will get Cox to check internet,  not Wi-Fi, and cat5 or 6, don't know. But as I  wrote earlier, line is at least 9 years old, good possibility it may be breaking down, been raining here for several days, and system has started working again. That is the problem. It comes and goes, but I think I know where to borrow a laptop and will try that.  Thanks for the ideas.

verystrengt

Rookie
      • The typo apocalypse continues...
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 01:38:34 PM »
      Can you describe this mark, or take a picture of it?