Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop not turning on  (Read 2079 times)

Garrettrot

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Laptop not turning on
    « on: March 12, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »
    Hello! My laptop has stopped booting up. let me go back about a year ago, to when it still worked. I dropped it, and broke the screen, and like anyone else, hooked up a monitor. I used it like that for a couple months, only a couple times though. It eventually had trouble turning on. It would show the charging lights and stuff, and sometimes turn on, other times it would sit there and not display anything(on the monitor). I had to turn it off and back on again and again, hoping it would boot up. Now, it never boots up. I don't think there is a charger problem. I wondered if it was the hard drive, and hooked it up to my pc. It displayed an error, and wouldn't start, so I started in safe mode. it worked, but you can't do anything, really, in safe mode(ps can I wipe it in safe mode without removing windows?). I don't know if there is a short circuit or anything. Please help me!
    Info:
    laptop: Sony vaio VGN CS220j
    please ask for any pictures or info
    thank you!

nomkarl782

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Laptop not turning on
      « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:48:57 PM »
      Is your power cords is in working condition because this is generally happens with loss of power supply.

Garrettrot

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
        Re: Laptop not turning on
        « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »
        Im not sure if the cord is broken, but i know the charger plugin is cracked. It has been used like that before though.