Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer won't start up! HELP! PLEASE?  (Read 2986 times)

bryan siruno

my computer won't start up! HELP! PLEASE?
« on: November 09, 2005, 07:40:25 PM »
ok. i turn on my computer and all of a sudden a black screen appears with white letters saying that a program wasn't installed right. It gives me a list of options on either putting in on normal or safe mode. I tried both but a blue screen appears saying that something happened to my computer and it has to restart. Then it's like the computer froze or something. I tried this so many times. PLEASE HELP!

GX1_Man

Re: my computer won't start up! HELP! PLEASE?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 07:43:12 PM »
OK, here's the deal. We need info about your system - computer make/model, processor, RAM, operating system, etc.

Then we need to know about your system. How long has it been this way? What kind of spyware, etc. scanners were you using on a REGULAR basis? What happened prior to this? Do you have a legal Windows CD in case you need to reinstall? Your level of expertise? What you think may have happened? Your ISP? Your means of connecting to the internet, etc.

So give us some info so we can help you.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

bryan siruno

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 07:47:02 PM »
Umm.. I don't know much about computers. I know that I have windows microsoft. I use internet explorer off comcast. I have Macafee Firewall, Spyware Protector, and Virus Scan. It's been like this since today, and the last time i used it was yesterday. I do have legal windows cd to reinstall but my computer wont go to it's normal page.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 08:00:37 PM »
You probably have a LOT of spyware and adware, perhaps a virus AND your browser has been hijacked. You will need to clean it up before we can go on. What version of Windows? XP? ME? 98?

D/L Everest ( free) ......http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

That will tell you everything about your computer.

I would suggest you do all the scans on your system now with what you've got.

Then you will need to get the following FREE programs
for future reference:

Ad-Aware SE personal www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

SpyBot 1.4
www.majorgeeks.com/download2471.html

CCleaner  
www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

The first thing you will need to do is download Hijack This. Do a google search for it.

Since you cannot get on the Internet. Have someone copy these to a CD for you to install.

Run all of these and let us know what is happening. You can post the Hijack This file here. It will probably take several posts.

If you want you can try system restore to an earlier point when your computer was working fine. Then you will need to clean things up.