Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Screen Chaos  (Read 3216 times)

Zack Reese

Computer Screen Chaos
« on: November 10, 2005, 05:59:21 PM »
 I am having A LOT of problems with my computer.

Okay, so I just updated my computer with a new video card (MSI NX6600GT), hard drive (Hitachi 150gig SATA2 drive), stick of DDR-RAM (512mb worth), new processor (AMD 64 3200+ Winchester), and a new motherboard (Chaintech VNF4 Zenith VE). This is coming from an old ABIT motherboard, ATI Radeon 9800SE AGP card (new one is PCI-Express), and Dual 512mb (256x2) memory.

Right now, my screen is covered in glitches, artifacts, flickers...you name it, my screen has it. Here's a picture:

Do you guys know what the problem might be? My computer continues to flash black and back to the back screen again every few seconds, which is bugging the *censored* out of me. I did use Driver Cleaner to see if it was because I switched from ATI to nVidia, but that didn't seem to solve it. This has been happening ever since I had all the parts together (got the video card yesterday), and the artifacts appear even during booting up the system.

Any help at all would be great. Thank you.

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: Computer Screen Chaos
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 06:11:12 PM »
    Can you test another Graphics card, to see if is is the card you have in that is conflicting.

Also make sure you have the right driver for that card and that the card is properly seated.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 06:12:40 PM by Frankie »

Zack Reese

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 06:14:09 PM »
    Sad to say, it's the only PCI Express card that I have. The only other ones I have are AGP.

I don't truly know if that video card is the problem or not, because I didn't have any drivers or even installed the card when I first booted up, and the glitches were already there during that portion.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 06:15:40 PM »
    Are you sure the card is compatible with your system in every way?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Zack Reese

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 06:20:56 PM »
    Video Card Requirements:
    -Intel Pentium 4/III/II/Celeron, or AMD K6/Athlon or compatible with PCI Express slot (my motherboard has a x16 PCI Express slot, and my processor is AMD Athlon 64)
    -128mb of system memory (I have 768)
    -Installation software requires CD-ROM drive (I have a DVD-ROM and DVD Burner drive)
    -DVD Playback requires DVD drive (met)
    -Interactive program Guide requires Internet connection (got it obviously)
    -Operation System Support: Windows XP / 2000 (I have Windows XP Pro)

So, basically, I do believe my computer meets the requirements.
    -Power supply of 350 (I have a new 520W power supply).

Frankie

Apprentice
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 06:23:22 PM »
      Sad I don't truly know if that video card is the problem or not, because I didn't have any drivers or even installed the card when I first booted up, and the glitches were already there during that portion.

You have to have the right drivers for that card. Was there a disk that came with the card. Is there onboard Graphics with this motherboared.
      « Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 06:34:20 PM by Frankie »

Zack Reese

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 06:46:37 PM »
      Yes, there was a CD that came with the card (bought on NewEgg). I couldn't find the latest drivers outside of the CD. Do you know a place where I could find the drivers for the MSI NX6600GT card? I tried the MSI site itself, but I couldn't find the exact place where they had the drivers. It was mostly support for their own mainboards.

And no, the motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics, sorry to say.

Frankie

Apprentice
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 08:05:07 PM »
        When you booted up your computer, didnt it ask for the Graphics card disk and ask you to install the driver.

This site has the latest drivers for nvidia cards, just make sure you download the right one for your card. Just follow the steps.
        http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

If this doesnt work i fear a conflict with the card.
        « Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 08:15:39 PM by Frankie »